Estrogen and progesterone are the hormones that play a vital role in pregnancy and post pregnancy periods. Progesterone is mainly produced from the placenta. After pregnancy, when the placenta is removed from the body, the level of progesterone in the body will drop down rapidly. This causes an increase in the level of estrogen in the body. This situation in the body is called estrogen dominance and it has several side effects in the body.
Symptoms due to hormonal imbalance
- Women having a hormonal imbalance in their body after pregnancy may suffer from loss of sleep (known as insomnia).
- Such women with hormonal imbalance in their body may face lots of difficulties to lose their during post pregnancy period.
- They may face unusual hair loss after childbirth.
- After giving birth to their child, they may face several menstrual problems like painful muscle cramp, unusual bleeding, etc.
Ways to cure
She needs to follow a few steps in order to restore the hormonal imbalance in her body. They are as follows:
- She needs to take her supplements i.e., vitamins and minerals regularly.
- She must allow her body to absorb sunshine daily to produce vitamin D on her skin.
- She should richer rich foods.
- She has to use magnesium oil, it has lots of benefits.
- She has to work out regularly to keep herself fit.
- She can do yoga kind of stuff to keep her in shape.
- Eating egg yolks can control hormonal imbalance as they are rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- She must keep the chicken liver in her diet as it is a great source of vitamin A which can control hormonal imbalance too.
- She needs to get as much sleep as possible in order to keep her mind refreshed.
- Drinking of red raspberry leaf tea may cure several problems as it contains antioxidant.
- Acupuncture is a therapy that can cure hormonal imbalance in the body after pregnancy.
- She must avoid herself from harmful substances like nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, etc.
- There is no need to take soy products as they contain phyto-estrogen plant-based estrogen).
- She may avoid those foods contain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs).
- She also may avoid simple carbs like rice, sugar, bread, pasta, sweet, etc in order to control her weight.
- She has to avoid those birth control pills strictly just after giving birth to her child.
Therefore hormonal imbalance is a common problem among women during post pregnancy period. This can be cured or controlled by maintaining a healthy lifestyle along with taking medicines and supplements regularly.