It is time for your delivery and you are nervous. It is your last month and it is time that your baby will come out into the world and be in your arms. You are busy with preparing and organizing your house and want to get everything done before the baby arrives.
Make sure that you do these 8 things in the last month if your pregnancy and before your baby arrives:
- Organize – You may not be a very organized person but it is time that you change yourself now. Neaten up your house, your clothes wardrobe, and your photo albums. Clean your house and get the nursery ready for your little one. You will not have time for these once you deliver.
- Go for walks– You need to be fit because that will help you in childbirth. It is also a great way to prevent getting bored. Make a list of your favorite songs. Download it and go on a walk every evening. It will freshen you up as you breathe in some fresh air and you would also get a chance to socialize. Walking is also a natural way to induce labor.
- Pack your hospital bag – You can go into labor any day and thus it is important that your hospital bag is ready. Buy some nursing bras, outfits for your baby and for you and some toiletries that you would need in the hospital.
- Stock food in your freezer – You will not get time to prepare food after you have the baby so double up your dinner and stock them in your freezer. You will bless this idea for sure when you will have a haphazard routine when your baby is born.
- Go on a date with your partner – After you have a baby getting any time for yourself would be a dream. Forget going out with your partner. Take this opportunity and go on a date night with your partner. Go on a long drive, a movie or to your favorite restaurant. You are really going to miss this experience in the years to come
- Keep all your papers ready – You will have to claim insurance and for that, you need to make sure that all your papers are ready. Also, keep the email ids or the phone numbers ready in case you need to call your insurance provider.
- Arrange for help – The first few days after delivery could be very difficult and thus it is important that you have help. You could either ask your mom or relative to come over or you could arrange for a nanny for your baby. Choose who your caregiver should be and give them time so that they are prepared to come in short notice.
- Treat yourself – Go to a parlous and treat yourself to a pedicure or a facial. You will soon be the center of attention and will be clicking a million photos with your little one. You also need some much-deserved pampering now. And lastly, sleep well.
Your last week of pregnancy can be a month of mixed feelings. On one hand, you are excited to meet your baby and on the other, you are also nervous about the D –day. Go slow and give yourself time and talk to your partner about any anxieties that you may have.
(Any health-related information or any medical opinion in the content is gathered from secondary sources and is only for the purpose of information and this should not be treated as a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Using this site and the information contained in it is not to create a doctor-patient relationship. Always make sure to seek the advice of your doctor if you have any issues or questions regarding yours or the health of others.)