There are many precautions that you need to take after delivering a baby. The first six weeks after you deliver the baby in the postpartum period. After pregnancy care is important during this period but being a new mother can get very challenging for many. Living sleepless nights and meeting the demand of the baby can let you ignore your after pregnancy care. It is important that the mother takes care of herself as well because she too is healing.
After pregnancy care precautions that should be taken
It could be a bit challenging to adjust to being a new mother. You need to take care of yourself as well as your baby. So make sure that you follow the following precautions to help you relax during the postpartum period.
- Use an ice pack and apply it in the area around your vagina because it helps to reduce the pain in that area that you experience after childbirth. This is important for those who had a normal delivery. Make sure to warp the icepack in a towel so that it does not come directly in contact with the vagina
- The area between the vagina and the rectum could feel sore and make it difficult to clean it if you had a normal delivery. It is important that you wash it with warm water to prevent any infections.
- It is also recommended t0 take a sitz bath because it helps to ease the pain after a normal delivery. In this, you need to sit on some warm water because it helps to reduce any soreness that you feel after a vaginal delivery.
- Make sure to give your body sufficient rest. Adjust to your babies clock and sleep when the baby sleeps so that you get sufficient rest.
- After pregnancy care also includes keeping a check on what you eat. Make sure that you eat a healthy diet that is nutritious. This lets you overcome any fatigue and it also lets you heal quickly.
- Ask for help or hire help because babies need a lot of attention and they are demanding. This can make you feel fatigued and it gets difficult to cope up with this tiredness. If you can offload some of your work then it makes it easy for you to relax and spend some quality time with your baby.
- The importance of exercise should not be ignored. Make sure to consult your doctor before you start to exercise. Do not do any strenuous exercises. Start with an evening walk and you can gradually raise the intensity later.
- Stay hydrated. It is important that you drink plenty of water so that you do not feel exhausted. This also prevents constipation.
- Eat a diet that is rich in fiber and makes sure to have a balanced diet. This helps you to recover faster.
There is a lot of adjustments to be made when you have a new baby in the family. This changes your life upside down. You and your partner get to spend very less time together. The period, even though is the most joyful time of your life, is equally stressful and overwhelming. It is important that the mother does not ignore her health while meeting the demands of the newborn.