Stages of pregnancy are measured in the following ways:
- The first day of your last period is first to be known.
- Assume you became pregnant after your last period started.
- Your due date is approximated based on the measurements done at your first ultrasound.
- Measurements in months are counted from the date of conception which means that if you are 10 weeks pregnant or two months pregnant you conceived 8 weeks ago.
- Pregnancy measurement is also referred to in trimesters.
- First trimester includes up to 13 weeks pregnancy
- Second Trimester is from 13 to 26 weeks
- Third trimester is from 26 weeks till delivery
- Exact date of conception is difficult to estimate and hence one or two weeks out is normal in the measurement.