Hormones have a very important role to play in pregnancy. Hormones get affected when a woman is pregnant and some of them play a very crucial role in pregnancy.
Understand your pregnancy hormones
- FSH or the Follicle stimulating hormone is the hormone that is responsible for your pregnancy. In fact this hormone helps you to get pregnant and it is present even before you conceive,
- LH or Luteinizing hormone works along with the FSH hormone to organize your period cycles. These hormone show ever are inactive during pregnancy.
- hCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone is a hormone that is produced only during pregnancy and exclusively in the placenta. The levels of the hCG increases in the blood and urine and the level is high in the first trimester. Blame this hormone to cause vomiting and nausea in early pregnancy. Once the eggs and the sperm meet, the hCG increases the production of estrogen and progesterone. Suppresses the immune system to support the baby’s growth
- hPL or Human placental Lactogen is a hormone that is produced by the placenta and this helps to provide nutrition to the fetus. This hormone is also important because it helps to stimulate the milk glands in the breasts. The hormone prepares the breasts to breastfeed the baby. It is also useful to adjust the metabolism of the woman’s body to feed the baby. The hPL could also block insulin resulting in the woman developing a condition of gestational diabetes.
- Estrogen is responsible for the development of the sexual characters in females. This hormone is found in the ovaries and it is also produced by the placenta when a woman is pregnant. This helps in maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Estrogen helps in the growth of the uterus and helps to regulate the production of other hormones that are key to pregnancy. It also helps in the growth of the baby’s organs.
- Progesterone is produced by the ovaries and by the placenta when a woman is pregnant. This hormone is responsible for the thickening of the uterine lining in anticipation of the fertilized egg to be implanted. It also helps in the growth of breast tissues and later it softens the ligaments and the cartilage to prepare the woman’s body for labor
- Relax in helps to relax the muscles, ligaments, bones and joints and this plays a major role in the later stages of pregnancy to prepare the woman for labor.
- Placental growth factor helps to promote the growth of the blood vessels and supports the increase in blood volume that is important for the baby’s nourishment.
- Oxycontin in is present all throughout the pregnancy and the hormone helps to contract the muscles and helps to stimulate labor contractions.
- Prolactin is responsible for the increase in the size of the breasts and for it to produce milk.
Many unique changes happen in the woman’s body because of the changes in hormones during pregnancy. They experience dramatic and sudden increase in the levels of estrogen and progesterone. There is also a change in the amount of hormone and the function that they perform.
Hormones are responsible for everything good and bad that a woman feels when she is pregnant.
(Any health related information or any medical opinion in the Pregnancy news is gathered from secondary sources to give relative and informative enlightenment. The opinions expressed here are the views of the source and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Healtheoz.)