Prenatal care is the act of maintaining a healthy life for pregnant women. This includes making the right food and lifestyle choices and visiting the doctor as per schedule. A healthy pregnancy is a must for a healthy baby.
It is important that as soon as you get to know that you are pregnant you should fix up an appointment with the doctor. Your doctor will check you and look for any symptoms that may be of worry.
What should you do for a healthy pregnancy?
- Keep the blood sugar levels in balance by eating healthy and whole food and include lots of protein in your diet. Have a variety of food in your diet.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water also eases you from nausea
- Take lots of rest. Pregnant women should try to sleep or rest when they can. This makes it easy to carry the baby.
- There are people out there to scare you with their birth stories. Pregnant women should avoid these stories as much as possible. Also do not take any advice seriously until it is from your doctor.
- Take folic acid in the first trimester and vitamin D all through your pregnancy. Your doctor will also recommend other supplements to you which is important for yours as well as the babies health. You can speak to your doctor about the supplements that you should take when pregnant.
- Take a lot of care about hygiene in food when you are pregnant. Wash the utensils and your hands well. Store the raw foods away from the ready to eat food. Also, make sure that you know the food that is unsafe to eat when pregnant. Wash the fruits and vegetable before eating them.
- It is important that pregnant women exercise regularly to stay fit and active all throughout pregnancy. Exercising helps you to cope with the posture changes and it lets you have a healthy weight. Exercising also prevents any complications with pregnancy and it makes natural birth a high probability. When you exercise in pregnancy, it makes getting back to shape easily after delivery.
- Cut on caffeine. Too much of caffeine could increase the chances of a miscarriage. It could also lead to low birth weight. You should also take care to not consume alcohol or smoke when pregnant.
- Pelvic floor exercise should be done when pregnant. The pelvic floor is the muscles that are at the base of your pelvis. It is these muscles that help to support the bladder, your back passage, and your vagina. In pregnancy, these start to get weak because of the excess pressure on them.
- The pregnancy hormones also make the pelvic floor to get loose. This could cause stress incontinence where you start to leak urine when you sneeze or exercise or even laugh. Some pelvic floor exercises should be done to strengthen your pelvic muscles.
Take care of yourself and follow the points below for a healthy pregnancy. Pregnant women should maintain a strict diet and exercise routine to stay fit and active all throughout pregnancy. Also, you do not need to eat for two people when you are pregnant.
(Any health-related information or any medical opinion in the Pregnancy news is collected from secondary sources to give relative and informative enlightenment. The opinions expressed here are the views of the source and do not necessarily show the views and opinions of Healtheoz.)