Stomach pain is something that many women complain of post-delivery. This is intense pain, which could be an indication that the body is trying to get back to its pre-pregnancy stage. But that may not always be true and you may want to know what is causing the stomach pain.
Causes of stomach pain
Here are some of the reasons that could be causing
The uterus does not need to support the child anymore and it is trying to get back to its normal size. This could cause cramping that is felt in the abdominal area. This is what could be causing the after pains. The pain is experienced in the first few weeks after childbirth. The pain could also be felt more if you breastfeed your baby. You may experience this pain for 6 weeks post-partum.
Postpartum stomach pains could also be caused because of constipation. Constipation is when you face painful bowel movements and you need to strain in order to poop. This causes you to pass dry and hard stool and you may also not feel totally empty.
The pain is experienced because of an increase in the levels of the progesterone hormone. It could also be because of piles.
Healing after a C-section
If you delivered through a C-section then this could also be causing stomach pains. The pain is felt around the incision area and where you see internal wounds. The pain is experienced at the start of the healing process. The best way to get relief is to lie down and take rest.
Home remedies to treat stomach pain
To know what to do to cure stomach pain you should first know what is causing it. experiencing stomach pain because of constipation then:
- Drink lots of fluids
- Drink warm fluids
- Get rest
- Eat a fiber-rich diet
- Try to take some mild laxatives
You need to make some dietary changes too so that you ease stomach pain. Keep a food log that will let you know what is making the condition worse.
- Fresh mint water helps to give relief from the aches in the abdominal area. Taking some peppermint can help to heal the problem.
- Honey juice helps to combat infections in the womb that could be causing severe cramps. Take some honey with lemon and lukewarm water to give you a soothing feel.
- Lime juice contains lots of vitamin C. The body of the woman is very weak after delivery the immune system is trying to get back to normal. The lemon juice helps to repair the bodily systems. It helps to reduce pain in the stomach.
If you experience the signs below or if you do not feel any comfort after a few days then it is best to show a doctor. This pain could be more serious than an infection.
- redness in the area where the c-section incision is done
- worsening pain
- tender areas on the sides
Here are the signs that you should look out for and get immediate medical care.