A healthy pregnancy is attributed to an eating healthy while pregnant, lifestyle and exercises. The first trimester of your pregnancy could cause you to feel nauseated and lose appetite but you still need to eat right.
What happens in the first trimester?
The body has to be prepared to grow a baby. The folic acid is the most important nutrient that you should consume before you get pregnant. A variety of pregnancy diet and nutrition food items lets you get the required quantity of folic acid. This includes fortified cereals, meat, and lentils.
What should be in your diet in the first trimester?
Below are some of the essential food items that should form apart of your diet in the first trimester.
- Spinach– Spinach has high folic acid content and it helps in the fusing of the neural tube of the baby. This happens in the first month after you conceive. You could use the spinach in preparing vegetables, add it to eggs or mix it in your salad.
- Citrus fruit – Citrus fruit is also high in folic acid and this is essential to prevent any early birth defects. You could consume it in the form of juice. You could also have oranges or squeeze the lemon in your salad.
- Lentils – Lentils give the body the essential protein which is an important part of your pregnancy diet. You could use lentils to make burgers or dal.
- Nuts – Nuts give essential protein which is required in the first trimester. You could include nuts in your diet in a variety of ways. If you feel very lazy to try out any new recipes then consume the nuts directly as they make a great snack.
- Asparagus – Asparagus is a rich source of vitamin D and this is something that most pregnant women are deficient of. You could use it in some other preparations or use the asparagus in salads.
- Cheese-Cheese contains protein and calcium and is good for the development of the bones and the muscles. You can prepare many dishes using cheese. It adds flavor to your food and makes it tempting.
- Eggs – Eggs are rich in protein and also contains vitamin D and calcium. This is important for the baby and helps in the formation of its bones. You could boil the egg and eat it for breakfast or make an omelet out of the egg. There are innumerable preparations using egg thus try out various dishes and enjoy the benefits that this food has to offer.
- Beans – Beans are rich in protein and are useful to provide energy and for muscle growth. You could use the beans in a burger or in salads.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is rich in iron and it helps in the formation of the red blood cells in the baby. Broccoli can be used in salads or you could make a stir fry and put in some broccoli.
It is important that you include certain food in your diet for pregnant women when you are in your first trimester.
It is important that you include the proper nutrients in your diet because that is essential for you and for the baby. If you plan to do some major diet changes then do consult your doctor first.
(Any health-related information or any medical opinion in the Pregnancy news is gathered from secondary sources to give relative and informative enlightenment. The opinions expressed here are the views of the source and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Healtheoz.)